Cheddar Crumble Apple Pie
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell with a high rim
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds cooking apples, such as Granny Smith, etc.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 4 teaspoons unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all the dry ingredients in the topping and cut in the butter until crumbly;
- Core, peel and thinly slice apples. Toss apples and lemon juice together.
- Add cheese, flour and nutmeg, tossing and mixing well.
- Arrange apples in crust and sprinkle on topping.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.