Cherries Jubilee Pie
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can dark sweet pitted cherries, undrained
- 1 (3 ounce) package
black cherry gelatin
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup thawed whipped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (9 ounce) Ready Crust
- 2 Extra
Servings Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Additional whipped topping and sliced almonds,
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. Blot cherries with paper towels. Add enough
water to juice to make 1 1/4 cups liquid.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave liquid
on high for 2 minutes. Add gelatin and stir to dissolve completely.
- Spoon ice cream
into gelatin mixture; stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate until the consistency of unbeaten
egg white, about 5-10 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping, almonds and cherries into ice cream mixture. Pour into
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping
and sliced almonds if desired.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 7, 2001.