Cherries Jubilee Pie
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can dark sweet pitted cherries, undrained
- 1 (3 ounce) package
black cherry gelatin
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup thawed whipped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (9 ounce) Ready Crust
- 2 Extra
Servings Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Additional whipped topping and sliced almonds,
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. Blot cherries with paper towels. Add enough
water to juice to make 1 1/4 cups liquid.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave liquid
on high for 2 minutes. Add gelatin and stir to dissolve completely.
- Spoon ice cream
into gelatin mixture; stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate until the consistency of unbeaten
egg white, about 5-10 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping, almonds and cherries into ice cream mixture. Pour into
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping
and sliced almonds if desired.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 7, 2001.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.