Cherries Jubilee Pie
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can dark sweet pitted cherries, undrained
- 1 (3 ounce) package black cherry gelatin
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (9 ounce) Ready Crust
- 2 Extra Servings Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Additional whipped topping and sliced almonds, optional
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. Blot cherries with paper towels. Add enough water to juice to make 1 1/4 cups liquid.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave liquid on high for 2 minutes. Add gelatin and stir to dissolve completely.
- Spoon ice cream into gelatin mixture; stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate until the consistency of unbeaten egg white, about 5-10 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping, almonds and cherries into ice cream mixture. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and sliced almonds if desired.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 7, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.