Cherry Bavarian Pie
- 1 (16 ounce) can red sour pitted cherries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup Kool-Aid cherry sugar-sweetened soft drink mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 envelope Dream Whip whipped topping mix
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell, cooled
- Drain cherries, reserving liquid.
- Combine gelatin, soft drink mix and sugar; add boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add reserved liquid and chill until slightly thickened.
- Measure 1 cup gelatin and set aside.
- Prepare whipped topping mix as directed on package; blend into remaining gelation; spoon into pie shell and chill for about 15 minutes.
- Arrange cherries on filling.
- Spoon reserved clear gelatin over cherries.
- Chill until firm, 3 hours or overnight.