Chocolate Covered Cherry Pie
- 1 ready-made chocolate flavored pie crust
- 1 (12 ounce) package miniature milk
chocolate chips (reserve 16 chips for garnish)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 envelope unflavored
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (21 ounce)
can cherry pie filling
- Whipped topping (garnish)
- 16 mint leaves (garnish)
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine milk and gelatin. Set aside for one minute. Cook over low
heat, stirring constantly until gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream and melted morsels in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in gelatin mixture and almond extract.
- Fold the whipped cream into chocolate
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the pie crust.
- Pour cherry pie
filling on top of chocolate layer and pour remaining chocolate mixture on top. Chill.
- Garnish with whipped topping, maraschino cherries, chocolate chips and mint leaves.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.