Chocolate Covered Cherry Pie
- 1 ready-made chocolate flavored pie crust
- 1 (12 ounce) package miniature milk chocolate chips (reserve 16 chips for garnish)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Whipped topping (garnish)
- 16 mint leaves (garnish)
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine milk and gelatin. Set aside for one minute. Cook over low
heat, stirring constantly until gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream and melted morsels in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in gelatin mixture and almond extract.
- Fold the whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture into the pie crust.
- Pour cherry pie filling on top of chocolate layer and pour remaining chocolate mixture on top. Chill.
- Garnish with whipped topping, maraschino cherries, chocolate chips and mint leaves.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.