Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
Cinnamon Roll Crust
- 1 premade piecrust
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 3/4 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 cored, peeled and chopped apples (3 Braeburn and 3 Golden Delicious)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes and chilled
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, room temperature
- Cinnamon Roll Crust: Grease a 9-inch glass pie dish with 1 tablespoon melted butter;
- Remove pie crust from packaging and set out at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Unroll crust on a lightly floured flat surface and roll out to measure
12.5 x 12.5 inches. Brush crust with remaining melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture
over the butter, covering the entire pie crust. Tightly roll the crust into a log. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from plastic wrap and cut into 32 (1/4 inch) slices.
- Place 16 discs on the sides of the greased pie dish working them
together by pressing lightly until they are covering the sides and all gaps
are filled. Press the remaining 16 discs onto the bottom of the pie dish. Fill all of the gaps. Press dough down to 1/8-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, combine egg white with water. Lightly brush pie crust.
Let crust sit out for 5 minutes to allow the egg wash to dry.
- Apple Filling: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, salt and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir apples and lemon juice together.
- Pour sugar mixture over the apples and toss until all of the apples are
covered. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the apples in the pastry-lined dish. Dot with butter cubes.
- Crumble Topping: In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, 1/4 cup
demerara sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add butter and mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Press crumb mixture on top of the apple filling, being sure to cover
entire pie to the edges. Sprinkle topping with remaining 2 tablespoons of demerara sugar before baking.
- Bake pie on a foil-lined baking sheet on the middle oven rack for 15
minutes. Turn down oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Tent crumb topping with foil to prevent the crumbs from becoming too
dark. Continue baking for another 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack. Let pie cool before serving.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie | Prep: 25 min | Cook 60-70 min
Use a clear glass pie dish to show-off swirls of cinnamon roll pie crust.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.