Concord Grape Pie
- 7 cups Concord grapes
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Rind of 1 grated orange
- Crusts for double-crust pie
- Wash and stem grapes. Slip skins from the fruit, reserve. Heat to boiling and
boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Rub through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, salt and orange rind with the pulp. Cook until thickened,
- Put the skins in a food processor and chop. Add to pulp. Cool.
- Line a pie pan with crust. Turn in filling and top lattice style. Crimp and cut.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and bake for
Makes one pie, 6 to 8 servings.
Source: 1941 New American Cook Book
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.