Cranberry Mince Pie
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2
cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- Pastry for 2-crust pie
- 1 (27 ounce)
jar None Such Ready-to-Use Mincemeat(Regular or Brandy &
- 1 egg yolk, mixed with 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Place rack in lowest position in oven; preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In medium saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch; add water. Over high heat,
cook and stir to boiling. Add cranberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer
5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn mincemeat into pastry-lined 9- or 10-inch pie plate.
- Top with cranberries.
Cover with top crust; cut slits near center. Seal and flute.
- Brush egg mixture
over crust if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish as desired.