Crazy Crust Apple Pie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon
apple pie spice
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, egg, shortening
and water. Blend well. Beat for two minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into a deep
9-inch pie pan.
- Combine pie filling, lemon juice and apple pie spice and pour into center of
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.