Crumble Nut Apple Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco (use as much as possible to work in for flaky crust)
- About 1/2 cup water
- 6 cups apples, sliced thin (Duchess or Granny Smith)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick cold butter, cut in
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix crust ingredients.
- Mix apples, 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Top with mixture of flour, salt, butter
and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Press top crust on top of apples.
- Sprinkle nuts over crust.
on the middle rack at 350 degrees F for one hour, or until bubbly and brown.
Crust makes enough for one large pie pan and one small pie pan.
Source: Iowa Farmer Today