- 2 1/2 cups elderberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-inch) double crust
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry.
- Combine berries and lemon juice. Pour into pie shell.
- Mix sugar, salt and flour. Sprinkle over berries. Cover with top crust; seal
and flute edges. Cut a few small steam vents in the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then
reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake 30 minutes longer.