Free-Style Apple Pie
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups sliced, peeled apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 refrigerated prepared pie crust for 9-inch pie
- Crumb Topping: In small bowl combine flour and brown sugar. With pastry blender
or 2 knives, cut in butter just until coarse crumbs form. If desired, stir in nuts.
- Pie: Prepare crumb topping; set aside.
- In large bowl combine sugar, corn starch and cinnamon.
- Add apples and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Unfold crust; place on foil-lined cookie sheet. Spoon apples into center of crust,
leaving 2-inch edge. Sprinkle crumb topping over apples. Fold up edge of crust, pinching at 2-inch intervals.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F, and bake 35 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.