French Cranberry-Apple Pie
Tart cranberries add a delicious twist to traditional apple pie.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 4 cups sliced peeled cooking apples (4 medium)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed
on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In large bowl, gently mix apples and cranberries.
- In small bowl, mix remaining filling ingredients. Add dry ingredients to
fruit; toss to coat. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients except butter and pecans. With
pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle
evenly over filling.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until apples are tender, and crust and topping
are golden brown.
- After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to
prevent excessive browning.
- If desired, serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
prep time 35 min
total time 3 hr 15 min
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 380 Calories from Fat 130
Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0g Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 135mg Total Carbohydrate
59g Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 35g Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 2% Iron 8%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 1 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: