French Crunch Peach Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pastry for single crust pie
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 45 ounces peach slices in juice, 1 (29 ounce) can plus
1 (16 ounce) can, drained
- 1 cup vanilla wafer cookies, about 22, crushed
cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Bake pastry for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat eggs and
lemon juice until well blended, stir in sugar, mix well.
- Fold in peaches and turn mixture into prepared, partially baked pie shell.
- Stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, almonds and butter. Sprinkle topping over
pie evenly. Cover edge of pie with foil.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake for
- Remove foil and bake another 20-25 minutes or until filling is set in center.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/6/01 9:27:56 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Pie Recipes