Fresh Blueberry Pie
Just use two ready-made pie crusts to make this fabulous Fresh Blueberry Pie. It sure makes life a lot more simple.
Tip: If crust begins to darken too much, cover with aluminum foil.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups fresh blueberries (2 baskets)
- 2 pie crusts, one cut into strips for lattice
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix together first 6 ingredients. Stir in blueberries and place in a prepared pie crust. Spread 2 tablespoons butter over this and top with a lattice crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for first 20 minutes, then reduce to 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.