Fresh Cherry Pie
- Pastry for a 2-crust pie
- 4 cups tart red cherries
- 2 2/3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare pastry and line a 9-inch pie pan. Save remaining pastry for top and refrigerate
both while you make the filling.
- Pit cherries and toss thoroughly with tapioca, sugar, lemon juice and almond
extract. Let stand about 10 minutes, then pour into unbaked pie shell and dot with
butter. Cover with top crust (or make a lattice top) and seal edges.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.