Fresh Strawberry Pie
Crust and Filling
- 1 (8-inch) pie shell, baked and cooled or a ready-made Graham shell
- 1/3 cup chocolate or white chips (if using ready-made Graham shell)
- 1 pint large fresh ripe strawberries, washed, capped, well drained
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 7-Up
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons cranberry gelatin
- Crust and Filling: If using pre-made crumb pie crust, melt 1/3 cup chocolate morsels per pie; with
small slanted cake spatula, spread a thin coat of chocolate in bottom only, of pie shell. Apply chocolate in a circular motion making sure you cover the
of shell. This prevents the crumb crust from breaking up when you slice the pie.
- Place strawberries in pie shell, flat side down.
- Glaze: Mix and bring to boil all ingredients except cornstarch or arrowroot.
Add cornstarch or arrowroot after mixture reaches boil. Cook until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin. Stir until dissolved. Let cool.
- Spoon glaze over fresh strawberries in pie shell.
- Completely cool then chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Just before serving, decorate the outer edge of the pie with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.