Fresh Strawberry Pie 2
- 1 baked 9-inch deep-dish or regular 10-inch pie shell*
- 1 1/4 cups granulated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 ounces strawberry
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
* A 9-inch deep dish crust is recommended as a 9-inch regular crust will allow
the filling to overflow.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add water and lemon juice.
Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook stirring until slightly thickened
and clear, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir strawberries into gelatin mixture. Turn into a baked and cooled 9-inch deep-dish
or regular 10-inch pie shell.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours or until set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.