Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1 baked 9-inch deep-dish or regular 10-inch pie shell*
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 ounces strawberry Jell-O
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
* A 9-inch deep dish crust is recommended as a 9-inch regular crust will allow the filling to overflow.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add water and lemon juice.
Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook stirring until slightly thickened and clear, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir strawberries into gelatin mixture. Turn into a baked and cooled 9-inch deep-dish
or regular 10-inch pie shell.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours or until set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.