Fresh Strawberry Pie 2
- 1 baked 9-inch deep-dish or regular 10-inch pie shell*
- 1 1/4 cups granulated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 ounces strawberry
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
* A 9-inch deep dish crust is recommended as a 9-inch regular crust will allow
the filling to overflow.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add water and lemon juice.
Over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook stirring until slightly thickened
and clear, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir strawberries into gelatin mixture. Turn into a baked and cooled 9-inch deep-dish
or regular 10-inch pie shell.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours or until set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Pie Recipes