Fruit Cracker Pie
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 10 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 to 2 cups fruit (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped (optional)
- Beat egg whites in large bowl until fluffy. Continue to beat while adding baking
powder and almond extract.
- Add sugar gradually and beat until stiff. Fold in crackers
and pecans. Spread in a 9-inch pie plate which has been sprayed with vegetable cooking
spray. Shape with outside edge higher than center.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15
- Allow to cool completely and chill.
- If desired, top with fruit and whipped
cream when ready to serve.
This may be served with ice cream and shaved chocolate.
Whipped cream may be
mixed with 1 (16 ounce) can coconut or 2 cups sliced fresh sweetened strawberries