Glazed Strawberry Pie
We were going to a family picnic today and I asked my 13 year-old daughter, who
loves to bake, if she wanted to make a dessert to take. She told me about a recipe
she had made while visiting her aunt a few months ago. A quick call to Texas yielded
this recipe which she was able to quickly make to the raves of all the family present
at the picnic!
- Baked pie shell (deep dish)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 serving size) package strawberry Jell-O
- 1 quart strawberries (or more), sliced
- Mix sugar and cornstarch. Add water and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly until thickened. Remove from heat. Add Jell-O and mix well. Cool.
- Fill pie shell with sliced strawberries. Pour cooled glaze over berries.
- Chill until filling is set.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine 6/9/01 8:53:40 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.