High as the Heavens Strawberry Pie
- 3 quarts fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 deep-dish pastry shell, baked
- 1 cup whipping
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- Clean and hull strawberries; reserve 8 strawberries with stems for garnish, if
- In a large bowl, mash enough berries to measure 3 cups; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the mashed berries
and water; mix well. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and
stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour into large bowl.
- Chill for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until mixture is just slightly warm.
- Fold in remaining whole berries. Pile into pie shell.
- Chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- In small mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Sprinkle pudding mix
over cream and whip until stiff.
- To serve, slice pie and place on dessert plate.
- Dollop with whipped cream and
top with a strawberry with a stem.