- 6 to 8 medium size kiwi fruit
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 2/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- In medium size saucepan mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk
until smooth. Over medium heat, stir until mixture comes to a boil. Boil only 1
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla extract and chopped nuts. Pour
filling into a baked pie shell and let cool.
- Peel the kiwi fruit and slice in round slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
from outer edge of pie, add kiwi fruit slices in a circle, until surface is completely
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.