Lemon Pie 2
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (from 3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep-dish
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Position oven rack in lower third of oven.
- Stir together sugar and flour in a bowl. Add to eggs in another bowl and beat
until light in color and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in lemon rind, lemon juice, butter, vanilla extract and almond extract.
Pour into pie shell.
- Place pie on baking sheet.
- Bake in lower third of oven for
20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, toast the slivered almonds in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring
until just lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds over
top of the pie.
- Cool pie on wire rack.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.