Mai's Fresh Strawberry Pie
Pie Shell and Base
- 1 (8-inch) pie shell, baked and cooled (you can use pre-made crumb shell)
- 1 pint large fresh ripe strawberries, washed, capped, well drained
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 7-Up
- 5 tablespoons arrow root or cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons cranberry gelatin
- Place strawberries in pie shell with flat side down. If using pre-made crumb
pie crust, melt 1/3 cup chocolate morsels per pie; with small slanted cake spatula,
spread a thin coat of chocolate in bottom only, of pie shell. Apply chocolate in
a circular motion making sure you cover the complete bottom of shell. This prevents
the crumb crust from breaking up when you slice the pie. When using a chocolate
crumb crust I use white chocolate chips for the coating.
- Glaze: Mix and bring to boil all ingredients except cornstarch or arrow root.
Add cornstarch or arrow root after mixture reaches boil. Cook until thick.
from heat and stir in the gelatin. Stir until dissolved. Let cool.
- Spoon glaze over fresh strawberries in pie shell. Completely cool, then chill
in refrigerator overnight.
- Decorate the outer edge of the pie with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Source: Mai - Posted at Chyrel's Recipes from Friends
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.