Orchard Peach Pie
Treat your family to a taste of summer, no matter what the season. This pie is
fantastic served warm or chilled, and has the perfect touch of sugar and spice.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Del Monte Lite® Yellow Cling Sliced Peaches
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon
- Refrigerated pastry for 2 (9-inch) pie crusts
- Low-fat vanilla
ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drain fruit reserving 1 cup syrup.
- Dissolve cornstarch in syrup in saucepan. Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and translucent; adjust sugar as
- Stir in fruit.
- Prepare pie crusts. Place bottom crust in pie plate and spoon in fruit mixture.
Place top crust over fruit; seal and flute edges. Make slits in top crust for
- Bake on lower oven rack for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with low-fat vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Reprinted with permission from
Del Monte Foods.