Peach Blossom Pie
- 3 to 4 ripe peaches, depending on size
- Unbaked 9 inch pastry shell, chilled
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten by hand
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Pinch of
- Few drops almond extract, optional
- Pare peaches, cut in halves and remove pits. Arrange, cut side up, in the unbaked
- In bowl, beat eggs, then add milk, sugar, flour, salt, and almond extract. Pour
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 degrees
F and continue baking 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into custard comes
- Cool on cake rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
Yield: 5 to 6 servings
378 calories per slice; 323 milligrams salt