Peach Pie with Toasted Pecans
and Peach Scented Sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Peach Scented Sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon peach liqueur
- 1/4 cup dark Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon peach liqueur
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium ripe peaches (4 cups), peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons peach liqueur
- Pillsbury pre-made refrigerated pie crust
- Peach Scented Sugar: In a small bowl or ramekin dish, combine sugar with
liqueur, mixing by hand until it begins to clump. Let sit out in a single layer
to dry for about 1 hour, folding once or twice to distribute evenly. Cover and store
at room temperature. (Can be done two days in advance.)
- Glaze: In a ramekin or small coffee cup, combine Karo syrup with liqueur
with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- Filling: In a one-quart saucepan, toast the pecans in the 2 tablespoons butter until fragrant.
Stir in the salt. Set aside.
- Combine peaches, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and almond extract. Fold in the
pecans, along with the butter from the pan, reserving 2 tablespoons of the toasted
- Place one of the Pillsbury crusts in the bottom of a 9-inch pie place. Pour in
the peach filling. Attach top crust, seal edges and cut vents.
- Bake at 425 degrees
F for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375 degrees F and bake 40 minutes longer,
until filling is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove pie from oven, brush with glaze and
return to oven for three minutes to set.
- Remove pie from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the scented sugar, then with the reserved 2 tablespoons toasted
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Pie Recipes