Peaches and Cream Pie
This creamy peach pie has a crunchy brûlée-type topping.
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish frozen pie shell, unbaked 23-cm
- 1 (8 ounce/250g) block cream
cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 30 mL
- 1/2 teaspoon almond
extract 2 mL
- 1 (14 ounce/396 mL) can sliced California Cling Peaches, very well
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 50 mL
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Thaw shell at room temperature
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth and creamy, scraping
down sides as needed. Beat in egg, then sour cream, flour and almond extract.
- In a single layer arrange peaches in a circular fashion. Scrape cream cheese
mixture over peaches and smooth as best you can.
- Bake pie on bottom shelf of preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and continue to
bake until filling is just set, 25 to 30 more minutes (don’t worry if filling
- Cool completely on a rack.
- Just before serving, preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle filling evenly with brown sugar. Place under broiler until sugar
melts – watch carefully as it can burn quickly. Cool.