Rhubarb Custard Pie
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (6 to 7 stalks) rhubarb, cut up
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Blend in oil with fork. Sprinkle water over mixture; mix to make a dough. Shape dough into 2 balls. Flatten one ball slightly. Roll into a circle between two squares of wax paper. Peel off top paper.
- Place pastry in an 8- or 9-inch pie pan.
- Mix together eggs and milk. Stir in sugar and flour. Mix in the rhubarb. Pour into pastry lined pie pan.
- Make a lattice top from the second ball of dough.
- Cover with a lattice top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes or until nicely browned.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.