Rhubarb Strawberry Pie
- 2 cups rhubarb, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cusp sliced strawberries
1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 prepared 9-inch pie crust for a 2-crust pie
- In medium bowl, mix together gently, strawberries, flour, rhubarb, sugar, salt
and almond extract. Put into pastry shell. Dot with butter. Cover with pastry crust
and brush top crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for
40 to 50 minutes until fruit is tender and crust is lightly brown.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.