Rhubarb Strawberry Pie
- 2 cups rhubarb, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 prepared 9-inch pie crust for a 2-crust pie
- In medium bowl, mix together gently, strawberries, flour, rhubarb, sugar, salt and almond extract. Put into pastry shell. Dot with butter. Cover with pastry crust and brush top crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes until fruit is tender and crust is lightly brown.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.