Simple Cherry Almond Pie
Odense Almond Paste and canned sweet cherries make this delicious Simple Cherry Almond Pie easy to prepare.
- 1 double pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1 (7 ounce) box Odense Almond Paste
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- Optional: milk and sugar
- Adjust rack to lowest or second lowest rung in oven. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment and set aside.
- Roll crust and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Shape Almond Paste into a flat disk and place between wax paper. Roll out to a 9-inch circle and press into bottom and up sides of pie crust.
- Pour cherry filling evenly into pie shell. Place vented or lattice pie crust over cherries. Cut off excess pie crust with knife and seal edges together with fork. Lightly brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Place pie on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours before serving.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) dish pie | Assembly: 20 min | Bake: 50 to 55 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Andre Prost, Inc.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.