Simple Cherry Almond Pie
Odense Almond Paste and canned sweet cherries make this delicious pie easy to
- 1 double pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1 (7 ounce) box Odense Almond
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- Optional: milk and sugar
- Adjust rack to lowest or second lowest rung in oven. Preheat oven to 425
degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment and set aside.
- Roll crust and fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Shape Almond Paste into a flat
disk and place between wax paper. Roll out to a 9-inch circle and press into
bottom and up sides of pie crust.
- Pour cherry filling evenly into pie shell. Place vented or lattice pie crust
over cherries. Cut off excess pie crust with knife and seal edges together with
fork. Lightly brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Place pie on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours before serving.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) dish pie
20 minutes to assemble
50-55 minutes to bake
Total time: 70-75 minutes
Reprinted with permission from
Andre Prost, Inc.