Sour Cream Apple Pie
- 8 apples
- 1 2/3 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9-inch uncooked pie crust
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- Mix together with hand until large crumbs form.
- Set oven at 450 degrees F.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Mix sour cream, sugar, flour, egg, vanilla extract and salt. Mix with apples.
- Toss into uncooked 9-inch pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees F then 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Take out and crumble topping onto pie, leaving some large crumbs.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until light brown.
Place aluminum foil under pie while baking as the filling tends to run over.
Posted by jerseyjan at recipegoldmine.com.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.