Sour Cream Apple Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound softened butter
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups tart apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry Shell: Combine all ingredients. Roll out on a lightly floured surface
to desired size. Place in a lightly floured pie tin and trim to fit, then crimp the edges with a fork or with two slightly dampened fingers.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Topping: In a small mixing bowl, combine ingredients, mixing with a fork until
small, crumbly lumps are formed. Set aside for later use.
- Filling: In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Blend with an
electric mixer to combine ingredients. Add sour cream, apples and salt. Blend again.
- Pour pie filling into the unbaked pie shell and turn quickly, several times, to level out the filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle on the toping, and continue to take until done, usually about 45 minutes.
- Cool, then refrigerate, but always serve at room temperature for maximum flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.