Sour Cream Mince Pie
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 1 (9 ounce) package None Such Condensed Mincemeat, crumbled
- 1 cup apple juice or water
- 1 medium apple, cored, pared and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In small saucepan, combine mincemeat and apple juice. Bring to a boil; boil briskly
1 minute. In medium bowl, stir flour into apples to coat; stir in mincemeat. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small mixer bowl, combine sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract;
beat until smooth. Pour evenly over mincemeat mixture. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Return to oven; bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until set.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.