Sour Cream Raisin Pie
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 baked pie shell (9 inch)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- In a bowl, cover raisins with 1 cup boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes; drain.
- Separate egg yolks from whites; set the whites aside for meringue.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir
in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- In a small mixing bowl beat egg yolks slightly. Gradually stir about 1 cup
of the hot mixture into yolks. Return mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir 2 minutes
more. Remove from heat; add sour cream, butter and drained raisins. Stir just
until mixed; do not over-mix. Pour hot filling into baked pie shell.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar
with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add
6 tablespoons sugar, beating at high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue
over hot filling, sealing to the edge.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is golden.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Store covered, in the refrigerator.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.