Southern Crusty Coconut Pie
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- Pour milk over coconut and set aside while creaming butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs to creamed mixture and beat well.
- Add milk, coconut and vanilla extract.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until pie is golden brown and firm.
6 - 8 servings
This recipe may be doubled to make two pies.