Sparkling Strawberry Pie
- 2 baskets strawberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1/4 cup sherry
- Few drops red food coloring
- 1 (9-inch) Graham crust, baked and cooled
- Reserve three well-formed berries. Wash, hull and slice remaining berries. You
should have about 6 cups.
- Sprinkle sugar over berries and stir to distribute evenly.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup ginger ale. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir over low heat until dissolved. Stir in sherry, remaining ginger ale and
food coloring. Pour mixture over berries.
- Set the bowl in larger pan of ice water. Stir until of egg white consistency.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Coat reserved berries with gelatine and arrange on top.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.