Strawberry Pie in a Jar
Whip up these easy mini pies for your next holiday party. Your guests will love them!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crusts (2 crusts per box), softened as directed on box
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and divided
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Cinnamon sugar, for topping
- Small cookies made from leftover crust for serving (if desired)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease four 8-ounce wide-mouth canning jars with
- Unroll your pie crusts and lay them on a clean surface. Use a knife to cut out
four 6-inch circles. Carefully press the dough into the bottom of the jars and up the sides.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in each jar to cover the dough. Add pie weights
or dried beans on top of the parchment and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let cool completely before removing the parchment paper and pie weights.
- Meanwhile, add 1 pound of strawberries, the maple syrup, brown sugar and vanilla
to a saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil and simmer 8-10 minutes. Use a fork to
mash the strawberries. Remove from the heat and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Divide the remaining pound of strawberries among the 4 pie-crust-filled jars.
Drizzle the strawberry sauce evenly over the strawberries. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours OR serve warm.
- If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a mini pie-crust cookie
dusted with cinnamon sugar.
Prep: 15 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe by Tieghan Gerard.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.