Strawberry Raspberry Lattice Pie
The sweetness of strawberries and raspberries makes a juicy and flavorful filling
for this Strawberry Raspberry Lattice Pie. The bright red color of berries peeks through
the topping just enough to see the fruit juices bubbling and thickening as it bakes.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 5 to 7 tablespoons ice water
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce or 3 cups) package Driscoll's Strawberries
- 1 (6 ounce or 1 1/3 cups) package Driscoll's Raspberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Crust: Place flour and salt in bowl of a food processor and pulse until
combined. Add butter and shortening and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water, one tablespoon at a time and pulse just until dough comes together (be careful to not over mix). Pat dough into 2 disks (one slightly larger than the other) and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out larger disk of dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12-inch
circle. Gently transfer dough to 9 1/2-inch pie plate. Leave edges untrimmed and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Filling: Berries are best if prepared just prior to completing pie. Hull
strawberries and cut in quarters if large or cut in half if smaller. Place strawberries, raspberries, sugar, cornstarch and brandy in a large bowl and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out smaller disk of dough into an 11-inch circle. With a pastry cutter or knife, cut dough into 12 strips (about 3/4-inch-wide each). Remove pie shell from refrigerator. Fill with berry mixture and dot with butter pieces.
- Assembly: Lay 6 dough strips across filling. Fold back every other strip
slightly more than halfway. Place one strip perpendicular to the others and unfold strips back down. Fold back alternate
- Strips and place another strip over filling. Unfold strips and repeat with remaining pastry strips until you have weaved a lattice pattern. Trim ends of strips and fold over with overhang of dough from pie shell. Crimp to form decorative pattern. Brush crust with beaten egg yolk.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil under pie to catch any drippings.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
- Let cool on a wire rack at least 2 hours.
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 45 min | Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Inc.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.