Streusel-Topped Apple Pie
There is nothing comparable to the pairing of apples and cheddar cheese!
- 1 package pie crust mix (2 crusts)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese, shredded, divided
- 4 cups (about 3 pounds) tart apples, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare one pie crust (1/2 package) according to package directions. Work 1 cup
of the Wisconsin Cheddar into crust. Roll dough and line pie plate.
- Place apples in pastry-lined plate, sprinkling flour and nutmeg evenly over.
- To prepare topping, combine remaining package of the pie crust mix, sugar and
cinnamon. Thoroughly cut in butter. Cover apples with half of topping. Sprinkle
with 1 cup Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese and top with remaining topping.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until apples are tender.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.