Traditional Mincemeat Pie
- Pastry for 2-crust pie
- 1 (27 ounce) jar None Such Ready-to-Use Mincemeat (Regular or Brandy and Rum)
- 1 egg yolk plus 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Place rack in lowest position in oven; preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare pastry. Turn mincemeat into pastry-lined 9-inch pie plate. Cover with top crust; cut slits near center. Seal and flute.
- Brush egg mixture over crust if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly.
- Garnish as desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.