Upside Down Apple Pie
- 3 1/2 cups sliced, peeled Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 package ready-made pie crust (2 crusts)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Mix apples, flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl, stirring
- Place softened butter and pecans in a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle brown sugar
over pecans and press. Place pie crust over pecan/brown sugar mixture. Spoon apple
mixture over crust. Place second crust on top of pie.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- To serve, slice the pie and flip a slice over onto a dessert plate.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.