Wilma's Green Tomato Pie
My oldest brother always asked for a green tomato pie for his birthday and my
mother was quick to make it if he would bring her the green tomatoes. There is always
a way a mother can see her children on their birthday and this is how she got my
oldest brother over on his birthday.
- 6 or 7 peeled and cored green tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for a 9
inch two-crust pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Slice tomatoes very thin into mixing bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar, combine sugar,
tapioca, and salt. Fold into tomato slices. Pour into pie crust and dot with butter,
cover with top crust and seal edges.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes, then at 350 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes
depending on your oven.
- Serve warm with ice cream or cool with a good Cheddar cheese.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Sue Vanselow.