Black Forest Brownie Pie
- 24 chocolate wafers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons whipping cream
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Chocolate Crust: Finely crush chocolate wafers to make 1 1/4 cups crumbs; pour into a 9-inch pie pan. Mix with 3 tablespoons melted butter and press firmly over pan bottom and up side.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until darker brown at rim, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- Filling: Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla extract; beat well. Add flour and nuts; beat well. Spread batter into crust. Bake at 350 degrees F until top looks dry and feels firm when gently touched, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool.
- Spread top with frosting.
- Frosting: In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over low heat, stir baking chips with whipping cream just until smooth. Use warm.
- When frosting is cool, transfer cherries from can with a slotted spoon to top dessert.
Yield: 8 servings