Black Forest Pie
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepared chocolate pie crust
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, combine butter, melted chocolate, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla extract; beat well. Add flour and walnuts; mix well. Spread batter into chocolate pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes or until top looks dry and feels firm when gently touched. Cool.
- In a pan over low heat, stir together chocolate chips and whipping cream until smooth; spread over pie.
- When frosting is cool, transfer cherries from can with a slotted spoon to top the pie.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.