Black Forest Pie
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Prepared chocolate pie crust
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, combine butter, melted chocolate, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla extract; beat well. Add flour and walnuts; mix well. Spread batter into chocolate pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes or until top looks dry and feels firm when gently touched. Cool.
- In a pan over low heat, stir together chocolate chips and whipping cream until smooth; spread over pie.
- When frosting is cool, transfer cherries from can with a slotted spoon to top the pie.