Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 (9-inch) pastry shell,
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese,
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup dairy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir 1/2 cup milk and chocolate until the
chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon
extract. Pour into pastry shell. Set aside.
- Reserve eight whole cherries for garnish.
Chop the remaining cherries. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until light. Gradually beat in water
and remaining milk. Add pudding mix and remaining extract. Mix well. Fold in whipped
cream. Stir in chopped cherries and almonds. Pour over the pie.
- Chill for 4 hours or
- Garnish with whole cherries and chocolate curls.
Makes 8-10 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.