Browned Butter Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, unbaked
- Real whipped cream
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Over low to medium heat, cook butter in a saucepan, watching closely but not stirring, until golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes. Do not burn.
- Pour browned butter into bowl and set aside.
- In food processor, blend corn syrup, honey, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Add browned butter; blend again.
- Add pecans and process with just a few quick on-off-pulses.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 435 degrees for 10 minutes; lower heat to 325 degrees F; bake another 40 minutes. Center of pie will still seem a bit liquid when removed from oven; it sets up further as it cools. Let cool completely.
- Serve with a generous topping of real whipped cream.