Butterscotch Pecan Perfection Pie
This simple pie with a Southern flair is the perfect sweet ending to any traditional
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell*
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce
package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 3/4 cup light
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whipped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 1/3 cups morsels in medium, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH
(70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary,
microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels
- Add corn syrup, eggs, flour and salt to melted morsels. Beat on medium until
- Stir in pecans. Pour pecan mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out with
little bits of filling attached. If browning too quickly, cover with foil.
on wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate 1 hour or until serving time.
- To Garnish and Serve: Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%)
power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading
until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag. Drizzle 10 circular designs about 2 inches
high and wide onto prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until
- Place 10 dollops of whipped cream around edge of pie.
- Remove drizzle designs
from refrigerator. With tip of knife, gently remove designs from wax paper and insert,
standing up, into dollops.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Cooling Time: 3 hrs refrigerating
* If using frozen pie shell, use deep-dish style. Do not thaw. Bake on baking
1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels can also be melted and
made into drizzle designs instead of the Butterscotch Flavored Morsels.
Two shallow (2-cup volume) pie shells can be substituted for the one deep-dish
pie shell. Follow directions above and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Nutritional information: Calories: 440 Calories from Fat: 240 Total Fat:
26 g Saturated Fat: 11 g Cholesterol: 65 mg Sodium: 200 mg Carbohydrates: 51 g Dietary
Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 26 g Protein: 4 g
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.