Butterscotch Pecan Perfection Pie
This simple pie with a Southern flair is the perfect sweet ending to any traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1 unbaked 9 inch (4 cup volume) deep-dish pie shell*
- 1 2/3 cups (11 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided**
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream (optional)
* If using frozen pie shell, use deep-dish style. Do not thaw. Bake on baking sheet. Two shallow (2-cup volume) pie shells can be substituted for the one deep-dish pie shell. Follow directions above and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
** 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels can also be melted and made into drizzle designs instead of the Butterscotch Flavored Morsels.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 1/3 cups morsels in medium, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH
(70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Add corn syrup, eggs, flour and salt to melted morsels. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in pecans. Pour pecan mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out with little bits of filling attached. If browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving time.
- To Garnish and Serve: Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%)
power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag. Drizzle 10 circular designs about 2 inches high and wide onto prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until firm.
- Place 10 dollops of whipped cream around edge of pie.
- Remove drizzle designs from refrigerator. With tip of knife, gently remove designs from wax paper and insert, standing up, into dollops.
- Serve immediately.
Pre: 15 min | Bake: 40 min | Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional information: Calories: 440 Calories from Fat: 240 Total Fat: 26 g Saturated Fat: 11 g Cholesterol: 65 mg Sodium: 200 mg Carbohydrates: 51 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 26 g Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photo used with permission fromt: Nestlé® and meals.com.