Caramel Pecan Pie
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust - pre-baked for 12 minutes at 350 degrees F
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- Combine sugars, butter, and honey in a heavy-bottom saucepan; cook
over medium heat, and stir only until melted. Heat until mixture
reaches 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and
stir in heavy cream and pecans (mixture will bubble slightly).
- Pour into pre-baked pie shell and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
Pie will set completely when cooled.
Per Serving: 727 Calories; 55g Fat (65.9% calories from fat);
5g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol;
Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 11
Fat; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 10/20/2001 3:23 pm.