Coconut Praline Dream Pie
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell, cooled
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip
- 2 3/4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- Heat pecans, butter and brown sugar in small saucepan until butter
and sugar are melted and mixture comes to a boil. Boil exactly 30
seconds. Spread on bottom of pastry shell. Cool.
- Beat whipped topping mix, 1 cup of the milk and vanilla extract
in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 6 minutes
or until topping thickens and forms peaks.
- Add remaining 1 3/4 cups
milk and pudding mixes; blend on low speed. Beat on high speed 2
minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup of the coconut.
Spoon into pastry shell.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set.
- Garnish with remaining
1/3 cup coconut.
- Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.