Coconut Praline Dream Pie
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell, cooled
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip
- 2 3/4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- Heat pecans, butter and brown sugar in small saucepan until butter and sugar are melted and mixture comes to a boil. Boil exactly 30 seconds. Spread on bottom of pastry shell. Cool.
- Beat whipped topping mix, 1 cup of the milk and vanilla extract in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 6 minutes or until topping thickens and forms peaks.
- Add remaining 1 3/4 cups milk and pudding mixes; blend on low speed. Beat on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup of the coconut. Spoon into pastry shell.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set.
- Garnish with remaining 1/3 cup coconut.
- Store leftover pie in refrigerator.