Dulce de Leche Pecan Pie
Pie Shell and Filling
- Pastry dough for a 9-inch pie crust
- 2 cups mixed whole and chopped pecans
- 1 (14 ounce) can dulce de leche (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
Brown Sugar Toffee Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pie Shell and Filling: On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a 10-inch round. Line a 9-inch tart pan with the dough, trimming off any excess dough using a paring knife.
- Distribute the pecans evenly across the tart shell.
- Combine the dulce de leche, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and corn syrup in a food processor and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour over the pecans in the pie shell.
- Place the pie on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until just set.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Brown Sugar Toffee Glaze: Mix confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and toffee bits. Add just enough water to mixture to allow you to drizzle frosting over top.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for 2 hours to chill.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream.